“And the apostles gathered themselves together unto Jesus, and told him all things, both what they had done, and what they had taught. And he said unto them, Come ye yourselves apart into a desert place, and rest a while: for there were many coming and going, and they had no leisure so much as to eat. And they departed into a desert place by ship privately” (Mark 6:30-32).
There are some principles in this passage that full-time ministries can apply that can protect from ministry burn out:
1. Remain Christ-Centered. The key to ministry vitality is spiritual intimacy. When are close to Christ we stay close to His Passion.
2. Rehearse Spiritual Successes – We often burnout because we don’t take the time to testify of the triumphs. Good things are happening through you. Verbalize the victories of the ministry.
3. Relax Regular Routines – Whatever you normally and daily do take a break from it. It’s okay. Jesus said you could.
4. Recognize People Pressure – People are always coming and going in ministry. Don’t take it personal. People are for a season and a reason.
5. Replenish Natural Needs – Sleep well, eat your favorite foods and enjoy some private time doing whatever makes you feel full and fulfilled.
Bishop Sean Teal / PrayerEverywhere.org