“Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?” (Matthew 6:26). It stopped raining a little while ago. I sat looking out of the window. Two large robins landed in my backyard and begin hunting for worms. They were highly skilled at locating worms. I watched them pull worms out of the soft ground into their firm beaks. They did it with confidence.
I thought about what Jesus said in this economic pandemic that the world is experiencing. Our Heavenly Father feeds birds. That’s a different kind of theological proposition. Jesus wanted us to see birds and understand the birds we watch have a covenant relationship with God. God has committed Himself to feeding birds.
How much more are you? Just like birds, God, our Father, feeds believers. So believers need to behave like birds! Here’s a few things I noticed.
1. The birds understood the opportunity that the rain brought them.
2. The birds knew when and where to pursue.
3. The birds were totally focused on worms.
4. The birds had to get their own worms.
5. The birds were hungry, but not greedy.
If we want to succeed financially, you have to know how God feeds.
1. God is still giving you time and chance to prosper (Ecclesiastes 3: 1-2; 9:10-11).
2. God will direct you to the place of your prosperity (Psalms 66:12).
3. God wants your total focus on His kingdom (Matthew 6:33).
4. God will not give you what you can go get (Deuteronomy 8:18; 28:1-2).
5. God will give seed to the sower, not to the waster (Proverbs 18:9).